Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
The Colin McEnroe Show
Thu August 28, 2014
The Vibrations All Around Us
You live in an invisible ocean of vibrations caused by the sounds around you. On this show, an almost-creepy experiment shows how the physical changes caused by vibrations can be reverse-engineered to discover the sounds that caused them.
Then, an oncologist, a sonic therapist, and a world-renowned deaf percussionist give their unusual perspective on vibrations.
What do you think? Comment below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.
Listen to the full interview with holographic sound healer, Ed Cleveland:
- Abe Davis is a PhD student at MIT, and first author on the paper about extracting audio from visual information
- Dr. Mitchell Gaynor is the founder and president of Gaynor Integrative Oncology, and is the author of many books, including The Healing Power of Sound, and Sounds of Healing, and his newest, The Gene Therapy Plan – Taking Control of Your Genetic Destiny with Diet and Lifestyle
- Ed Cleveland is a medicinal aromatherapist and holographic sound healer
- Dame Evelyn Glennie is a world-famous percussionist from Scotland