The Vacation Survival Guide: How To Be Happy Leaving and After You Get Back
Is it even possible, you might be wondering, to like all parts of a vacation, including re-entry? We think so. Our senior contributor, New Haven psychologist Nancy Horn, explains what goes into making vacation a less stressful experience, and also less about perfection. This is one of those podcasts worth listening to.
We talk about:
- Why getting ready is filled with anxiety.
- Why we need vacations to be perfect.
- Ways to avoid the last day blues.
- And how to re-enter the regular world of work and regular responsibilities without wanting to become a hippie in Northern California. Or worse.
- Nancy Horn is a New Haven area psychologist.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Carnival,” Natalie Merchant
- “Love and Happiness,” John Mellencamp
- “Take Me to the River,” Talking Heads