Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Wed June 26, 2013
The U.S. Supreme Court, DOMA, and Mike Lawlor
Mike Lawlor got married over the weekend.
And while the state of Connecticut recognized his marriage to his husband, the federal government did not. Until today.
I spoke with Lawlor as he sat on a park bench across from the Stonewall Inn in Manhattan minutes after the U.S. Supreme Court rulings were read.
If you can't catch the whole story, here's what you need to hear: