Podcasts & RSS Feeds
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue December 10, 2013
Tuesday Tumble: Eddie Perez, "Rent" in Trumbull, Snowy Owls and the Ivory Trade
The Connecticut town of Trumbull, and especially its thespian society, has become a familiar name in the theater world, but maybe for the wrong reasons. When the high school principal decided to cancel the thespian society's production of "Rent," the story went national. It has bubbled along for weeks and as of today, we may have news about a compromise that would allow it to be staged.
Meanwhile, former Hartford Mayor Eddie Perez has been awarded not one, but two new trials. We'll have an expert here to explain how that's likely to play out.
Snowy owls are showing up in greater numbers in these parts but that led to a kill order issued by the New York Port Authority.
And, we'll tell you a related story about ivory.
- Steven Seligman is an attorney in Hartford
- Larissa Marks is a student and President of the Trumbull High School Thespian Society
- Dan McMahon is the Director of Marketing at Goodspeed Opera House
- Patrick Comins is the Director of Bird Conservation for Connecticut at National Audubon Society
- Richard Conniff writes about wildlife and is the author of "Species Seekers: Heroes, Fools, and the Mad Pursuit of Life on Earth"
Leave your comments below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.