Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Mon April 14, 2014
Treadmill Users Can Use App To Run London Marathon
KELLY MCEVERS, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Kelly McEvers. So the London Marathon happened yesterday, but runners who missed it will soon be able to run it from the gym. Race organizers are releasing an app for treadmill users creating a high definition virtual reality London marathon experience. The app senses your pace and sends you down the route in real time, past some famous landmarks, Buckingham palace and all that and spares you from London's famous rain. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.