Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Tue May 13, 2014
Three Missing Vernon Boys Found After Amber Alert Issued
Police have found three missing boys in Bangor, Maine after issuing a multi-state Amber Alert.
Vernon police were looking for Jackie Morris, 32, who was last seen at a Vernon motel on Sunday. Authorities said they found Morris and the boys at a motel in Bangor.
Morris was arrested and the boys are safe.
The children and mother have been located in Bangor, ME
— Vernon CT Police (@VernonCTPolice) May 13, 2014
A lawyer for the children's father, Jason Lewis, said the boys live with their father in Vernon, and that Morris has visitation rights. Lewis called police on Monday night after Morris failed to return the children from a weekend visit. Authorities are returning the boys to their father, and Morris faces possible criminal charges.
Officials previously issued a Silver Alert for the boys. Morris's relatives told police that the boys' mother had a history of mental health problems.
This report includes information from The Associated Press.