Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Fri January 24, 2014
Things We Recommended, Alluded to, Discussed Off-Air and Otherwise Stood Still for on The Nose
Even if you heard the whole show, there would have been things you missed.
I endorsed this Connecticut band. One of the singers sounds like Stephen Stills, a reference point which makes me seem old.
And we talked about the great Cyril Ritchard.
Jacques endorsed this book, which he said was Twainian.
We didn't talk about this, but we used it as "bump music" because any time you say "Cherchez la Femme," you really need to play it:
Luis endorsed this movie or, perhaps, the notion of one's life, in one's 50s, being "a jumble of pleasures and frustrations."
Theresa endorsed David Lee Roth and his herding dogs.
After the show, Jacques had us all watch this montage:
And that's about it, but you should enter the weekend with this in your head.