Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Where Do I Start?
Fri December 20, 2013
A Taste of Duke Ellington
So much music and so little time.
On today's Where We Live, we could have spent the entire time just playing Duke Ellington's music. Since we didn't play any of the songs in their entirety, we're sharing the playlist below with the songs that you heard on the show.
Want to hear Duke Ellington in his own words? Here's an interview he did for a Swedish TV channel in 1963.
"Music is music and there’s not gonna be any symphonic music, there’s gonna be no jazz music - it’s just gonna be music. And if it sounds good, it’s gonna be good music and if it doesn’t, it won’t be music."
- Duke Ellington
Where We Live