Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
- In Hartford, Griebel Considers City Council Run
Where We Live
Tue August 26, 2014
Talking About Suicide
The recent death of actor Robin Williams left many people shocked, and it re-started the conversation about suicide, its warning signs, and ways to get help. We revisit a show we did about the illness last year.
We also hear a moving story about depression from author Andrew Solomon, who shared it at The Connecticut Forum earlier this year.
- Dr. Harold Schwartz - Psychiatrist-in-chief and vice president of behavioral health, Hartford Hospital and The Institute of Living; director, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Lisa Namerow - Child and adolescent psychiatrist and director, consultation services to Connecticut Children's Medical Center at Institute of Living, Hartford Hospital
- Andrea Duarte - Behavioral health program manager at Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, and co-cChair of the Connecticut Suicide Advisory Board
- Marisa Porco - President, Jordan Matthew Porco Memorial Foundation
This show originally aired on September 9, 2013.