Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Sex and Intimacy When You're Fat
- High Rate of C-Sections Cited as "an Epidemic"
- Malloy Calls Hartford Police Officer's Use of Taser "Inappropriate"
- Researchers Take a Closer Look at Endometriosis, a Leading Cause of Infertility
- Lt. Col. Morris "Moose" Fontenot Identified as Pilot in Fatal F-15 Crash
Where We Live
Wed January 29, 2014
The State of The Wheelhouse
On Tuesday night, President Barack Obama gave a speech that did what it was supposed to: uplift his supporters and enrage his opponents. On WNPR's weekly news roundtable, our panel of analysts and reporters react to the State of the Union address both nationally and here in Connecticut.
Also, Republican candidate for governor Mark Boughton surprised longtime political observers with his announcement of a running mate. It wasn't what he did that was a surprise, but when he did it. Finally, we remember folk legend and American icon Pete Seeger who died this week.
- Dr. Khalilah Brown-Dean - Associate Professor of Political Science at Quinnipiac University
- Bill Curry - Political analyst, former Democratic nominee for governor, and advisor in the Clinton White House
- Jennifer Swift - State politics reporter for Connecticut Magazine and The New Haven Register
- Rob Rosenthal - Wesleyan provost and co-editor of the book, Pete Seeger: In His Own Words