Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Tue May 22, 2012
Sex After 60
A few years ago Men's Health, one of the magazines I write for, spun off a brother publication called Best Life, which was specifically aimed at the generation a little older than the washboard abs, do-it-all-night target demo of Men's Health. And I was dispatched over there to write a sex column. For aging men. Best Life didn't last all that long. I think everybody still wants to participate in the dream of Men's Health, even if it's not all that realistic any more. But I had a lot of fun while it lasted. Which would be a good title for a book about sex ad aging.
What I discovered during my brief tenure was a field that's exploding, mainly because Baby Boomers, who of course invented everything, are now aging, which means they have to invent senior sex. And because Baby Boomers insist on the best, senior sex is suddenly really great. I'm kidding, sort of.
We'll tell you a lot more about sex after 60 on today's show.
Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.