This weekend, HBO premiered a documentary about the Church of Scientology that has been generating headlines and controversy for months. What new information was learned from the film? This hour, we talk with someone who has written extensively about the church.
Also, a "religious freedoms" bill was signed into law by Indiana Governor Mike Pence. Some businesses in the state are already receiving backlash from customers who won't do business in the state because of the law. Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy is expected to announce an executive order that will ban state-funded travel to Indiana. However, Connecticut is one of 19 other states with similar religious freedom laws on the books.
Finally, we'll discuss something else deemed controversial: a humor piece by Lena Dunham.
- Mark Oppenheimer - Writes the bi-weekly “Beliefs” column for the New York Times
- Marci Hamilton - Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University
- Chris Gahl - Vice President of Marketing & Communications for Visit Indy
- Phoebe Maltz Bovy - Writer for numerous publications, including The New Republic
- “Scientology = WTF?” by MC Lars
- “We Reserve The Right to Refuse Service to You” by Kinky Friedman
- “Lena Dunham” by Papa Razzi & The Photogs
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.