Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Fri January 10, 2014
Sandy Hook Commission Meets; An Arrest Warrant Request for Insurance Broker
Governor Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Commission met for the first time today since the state police released thousands of pages of documents stemming from the investigation into the Dec. 14, 2012 shooting in Newtown. One issued raised was how to keep people safe inside a building without hindering the progress of rescuers.
O'Garro Faces Possible Arrest
Insurance broker Earl O'Garro is the man at the center of a federal grand jury investigation in Hartford. He may soon be arrested for not paying his employees. Officials from the state Department of Labor say they have requested a warrant for his arrest. They allege that he has failed to pay nearly $25,000 in wages to his employees.
Former Cheshire Police Officer Charged with Stealing From the Police Union
The Chief State's Attorney's office says 43 year old Robert Anderson of Wilton was president of the Cheshire police union in 2008. Anderson allegedly stole nearly $50,000 from the union's bank accounts through cash withdrawals and debit card transactions. Anderson was arrested yesterday and charged with two counts of first-degree larceny. He could face up to 20 years in prison.