Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
Where We Live
Wed January 1, 2014
The Road Safely Traveled: Driving Safer in the New Year
Fatalities on the roads are going down despite distractions going up. Cell phones, GPS devices, iPods, electronic billboards..there’s no shortage of things to take our attention away from driving.
As we make it through another holiday season, we’ll take a look at our driving habits. Are you driving as safely as you possibly can? Or is the glow of your iPhone pulling your eyes away from the road?
We’ll check-in with New York, which is cracking down on distracted driving, with new unmarked SUVs. And we’ll look at newer, less-experienced drivers. Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers, and shows no signs of slowing down. We’ll talk to someone whose son was one of those fatalities.
- Dr. Brendan Campbell - Director of the Pediatric Trauma and Injury Prevention Center at Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- Sherry Chapman - Co-founder and president of Mourning Parents ACT
- Rep. Fred Camillo - Republican state representative from Greenwich
- Melissa McMorris - Public information officer for the New York State Police
- Lt. Paul Vance - Connecticut State Police
If you have more links/information to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Around the Nation