Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler on Being Wiccan and NPR Discrimination
- How Effective Are Charter Schools?
- Listen Closely: There's Something Hidden in This Hummingbird's Chirp
- Gov. Christie Visits Connecticut Following Gun Bill Veto; a Local Perspective on Ukrainian Conflict
- For Stadium, Hartford to Buy Back Land It Once Owned
Wed February 26, 2014
Revere Approves Mohegan Sun Casino Plan
Residents in Revere, Massachusetts approved on Tuesday a plan by Mohegan Sun to build a $1.3 billion resort casino in the town. The Hartford Courant reported that the proposal won 63 percent of the vote.
It's the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority's second attempt at the new gaming market in Massachusetts -- voters in Palmer recently rejected a casino plan there.
Now the Authority wants to expand gaming at the Suffolk Downs race track in Revere with its latest proposal.
Mohegan Sun will now compete with a proposal by Las Vegas gaming tycoon Steve Wynn. He wants to build a resort casino in Everett. Both plans are bidding for one license that will be granted in the greater Boston area.