Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Wed February 26, 2014
Revere Approves Mohegan Sun Casino Plan
Residents in Revere, Massachusetts approved on Tuesday a plan by Mohegan Sun to build a $1.3 billion resort casino in the town. The Hartford Courant reported that the proposal won 63 percent of the vote.
It's the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority's second attempt at the new gaming market in Massachusetts -- voters in Palmer recently rejected a casino plan there.
Now the Authority wants to expand gaming at the Suffolk Downs race track in Revere with its latest proposal.
Mohegan Sun will now compete with a proposal by Las Vegas gaming tycoon Steve Wynn. He wants to build a resort casino in Everett. Both plans are bidding for one license that will be granted in the greater Boston area.