More than 50 are dead and more than 500 injured in the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history. On Sunday night, a gunman in a Las Vegas high rise hotel fired hundreds of rounds of ammunition on thousands of concertgoers.
We’ll check hear from people on the ground in Las Vegas.
Will this latest, deadliest attack change the political conversation around guns and gun control?
We’ll also explore how communities including first responders prepare for mass shootings now that these latest incidents involve bigger numbers of casualties and fatalities than ever before.
- Joe Schoenmann - Host and Senior Producer of KNPR’s State of Nevada.
- David Graham - Staff Writer at The Atlantic.
- Dr. Lenworth Jacobs - Director of the Hartford Hospital Trauma Institute
- David Hemenway - Professor at Harvard School of Public Health
- Jennifer Tucker - Historian of technology, law, culture at Wesleyan University