Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Wed October 10, 2012
The Politics Of Hair: Part 2
Recently, we did a show about the politics of hair, and we talked about African hair, blondes, and gray hair - We didn't have nearly enough time to cover all hair types, especially redheads. So we decided to devote two segments of today's show to talk about the stereotypes redheads face, and hear from some listeners who had something to say about our first show.
Caroline Murray wrote us to correct the understanding that there are no blondes over the age of 30, Kate Rushin emailed to talk about the challenges of her own hair as an African American woman, and Chion Wolf wrote an essay about the questions that inevitably come up about her dreadlocks.
Leave your comments below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us@wnprcolin.