Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Transgender Teen Sent to Connecticut Adult Prison
- New Haven Cardboard Furniture Company Goes Beyond One-Man Production
- DCF Commissioner Defends Transfer of Transgender Juvenile to York Prison
- Connecticut's Growing Role in Mushroom Cultivation
- The Nose Replaces Colbert, Marries Jesus, and Has No Love For the Gov
The Faith Middleton Show
Thu May 26, 2011
Inside their picture-perfect homes, the residents of this quiet California suburb are not at all what they seem.
Lance is a former weatherman, now a buff yogi, stay-at-home dad, and manager of his daughter’s Girl Scout troop’s cookie distribution. Belle is his precocious and quick-witted daughter. Darlene is a classic Type A work-a-holic, she has little time or patience for the needs of her husband and daughter.
And just down the street are Alec and Wren. Alec, a womanizing businessman, is also the financial backer—and sometimes more—behind Darlene’s burgeoning empire. Meanwhile, Wren is a doting mother and talented yogi, ready to lay down the mat for a quick session with Lance.
As looming Santa Ana winds threaten to turn brush fires into catastrophe; Playdate proves that relationships are complicated and the bonds between families, spouses and children are never quite what they seem. What happens next door, beyond the hedges, in the romper room and executive office—it’s all as combustible as a quick brush fire on a windy day.