Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Room Escape: A New Genre of Entertainment Comes to New Haven
- Gov. Malloy Declares State of Emergency, Statewide Travel Ban
- Older Than That Now: Dylan Sings Frank
- Rising, Young Saxophonist Alexa Tarantino Headlines at Baby Grand Jazz Series
- For Tesla, a Fight in Connecticut to Open Stores and Sell Cars
The Faith Middleton Show
Thu May 26, 2011
Inside their picture-perfect homes, the residents of this quiet California suburb are not at all what they seem.
Lance is a former weatherman, now a buff yogi, stay-at-home dad, and manager of his daughter’s Girl Scout troop’s cookie distribution. Belle is his precocious and quick-witted daughter. Darlene is a classic Type A work-a-holic, she has little time or patience for the needs of her husband and daughter.
And just down the street are Alec and Wren. Alec, a womanizing businessman, is also the financial backer—and sometimes more—behind Darlene’s burgeoning empire. Meanwhile, Wren is a doting mother and talented yogi, ready to lay down the mat for a quick session with Lance.
As looming Santa Ana winds threaten to turn brush fires into catastrophe; Playdate proves that relationships are complicated and the bonds between families, spouses and children are never quite what they seem. What happens next door, beyond the hedges, in the romper room and executive office—it’s all as combustible as a quick brush fire on a windy day.