Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Yale Educator-Artist Keeps Inspiring Future Generations of Theater Designers
- Connecticut’s Changing, Sometimes Volatile, Still Lively Classical Music Scene
- JFK Conspiracy Theories: American As Apple Pie
- Bridgeport Bluefish Ballplayer to Retire After 20-Year Career
- Moist, Crispy Meatloaf Baked in a Brown Paper Bag
The Faith Middleton Show
Sat April 26, 2014
Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry
Today's show originally aired April 16 and 19, 2014.
The Paleo diet emphasizes the basics: meat, seafood, fruit, vegetables and nuts. It's based on the foods our Paleolithic ancestors ate. The diet has also been touted as the solution for food allergy relief and better health. But healthy eating shouldn't mean you have to give up flavor.
Cookbook author and blogger Elana Amsterdam has created over 90 delicious Paleo recipes in her new book, Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry: Gluten-Freen, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes. It's is a collection of simple innovations that emphasize protein and produce. Amsterdam covers everything from breakfasts and entrees to snacks and desserts, many of them with little more than 5 ingredients. And we'll send the book to your door as our way of saying thanks for supporting WNPR.
- Elana Amsterdam is the author of Paleo Cooking From Elana's Pantry: Gluten-Freen, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes.
Where We Live
Where We Live