Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri May 23, 2014
The Nose is Wary of Marrying Harry
Can the culture of one nation ever understand that of another? Critics say Fox's newest reality show in which 12 witless contestants believe their in a fight to the near death for the attention of England's Prince Harry. "I Wanna Marry Harry" is said to represent a new low in reality television.
You want a new low? Six young people in Iran were jailed for dancing to the Pharrell Williams song, "Happy" in a home-made YouTube video. The group of three men and three women dancing to the tune on a rooftop in Tehran were called "vulgar" by the Tehranian police chief. And they weren't even twerking!
While we're at it, we'll talk about a new promotion at Chipotle in which the restaurant chain features new work by ten writers, including a Nobel Prize winner, on cups and bags.
Comment below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.
- Jim Chapdelaine is a musician, producer, composer, and recording engineer
- Rand Cooper is an author, essayist, and restaurant critic for the New York Times
- Theresa Cramer is a writer and the editor of E-Content Magazine, where she covers the world of digital media