Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri April 27, 2012
The Nose: Scandals, Dumb Tweets, & Medical Marijuana In Connecticut
Some weeks are inexplicably more scandalous than others.
This week began with a probe into millions of dollars in apparent bribes by Walmart officials in Mexico. And sitting alongside it was the slime spreading across the reputation of the Secret Service as more reports of strippers and club hijinks trickled in from all over the globe.
If that wasn't enough, the trial began in the case of John Edwards -- not for being a creep, but fo allegations of campaign finance law violations. Most of us have already convicted him on that former charge. And then there's the Chinese wiretapping and murder-by-poison scandal, the most labyrinthine and lurid of the four.
We'll talk through all of them today on The Nose and discuss the controversy over racist Tweets by Boston Bruins fans. And just when that starts to seem dark and negative, we'll endorse some things we really like.
Leave your comments below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @wnprcolin.