Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri November 9, 2012
The Nose: Obama Speaks, Bond Returns, & Pot Gets Legalized
On today's show we carried President Obama first address to the nation since his re-election. We had planned a regular episode of The Nose -- a discussion of James Bond, marijuana legalization and a few endorsements. We'll still do all of that, but we'll start of with the president's speech and our own quick reaction to it.
So what's happening here? One of the lessons of the Obama victory is this: define your adversary and define the terms of the arguments. Do it early. Do it over and over before he even understands what's happening to him. Obama in the first term scheduled meetings with the Republicans in Congress and looked to find common ground with them. Obama in the second term will look to outflank them by taking his message directly to the citizens. Chances are, that strategy begins in just a few minutes. Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.