Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri June 20, 2014
The Nose Is Live From the Yale Writers' Conference
Jeff VanderMeer is one of the hottest writers in the science fiction and fantasy genre. MG Lord is a humorist and recovering political cartoonist who has written books about Elizabeth Taylor and Barbie. Louis Bayard writes historical fiction who specializes in detective novels, but his new book features Teddy Roosevelt stalking a mysterious beast through the Amazon. That's the river and jungle, not the book dealer.
They and others try their hands at The Nose as we're back in New Haven at the Yale Writers' Conference, where the panelists and I are all teaching, and they're bracing themselves for a cultural conversation that may include anything from #CatsOfJihad to the official cancelation of the Red Skins trademark.
What do you think? Comment below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.
- Jeff VanderMeer is a three-time winner, thirteen-time finalist for the World Fantasy Award, and the author of Wonderbook: The Illustrated Guide to Creating Imaginative Fiction, the world's first full-color, image-based writing guide
- MG Lord is a cultural critic, investigative journalist, and the author of the widely praised books, Forever Barbie: The Unauthorized Biography of a Real Doll, and The Accidental Feminist: How Elizabeth Taylor Raised Our Consciousness and We Were Too Distracted by Her Beauty to Notice
- Louis Bayard is an author of many books, including most recently, Roosevelt's Beast
- Terence Hawkins is an author, and the founding director of the Yale Writers Conference
- Ann VanderMeer is a publisher and editor. Her most recent book is The Time Traveler's Almanac