You remember the dress, right? In case you don't: Three years ago, a poorly-lit photograph of a dress pretty much tore the internet to pieces. Some people saw a black-and-blue dress; some people saw a white-and-gold dress. The black-and-blue-dress people couldn't understand how the white-and-gold-dress people were living their lives; the white-and-gold-dress people called the black-and-blue-dress people "fake news" (no they didn't).
Well, this week there's a new the dress. Except it's a the dress for your ears, not your eyes. It's an audio file. Some people hear the word "laurel." Some people hear the non-word "yanny." And the dispute over which word is right and which word is wrong is very important (no it isn't).
Other possible topics include:
- Caged tiger at Florida prom causes uproar
- Margot Kidder, Actress Who Found Movie Stardom in 'Superman,' Dies at 69
- Tom Wolfe, 'New Journalist' With Electric Style and Acid Pen, Dies at 88
- A Speedrunner Is Trying To Destroy All Of Mario Kart 64's Trees
- Show Starring Avenatti and Scaramucci Is Being Pitched to Television Executives
- Sam Hatch - Co-hosts The Culture Dogs on Sunday nights on WWUH
- Rich Hollant - Principal and design director at CO:LAB and a commissioner on cultural affairs for the city of Hartford
- Carolyn Paine - Actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.