Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri July 29, 2011
The Nose: How Would You Market Hartford?
Today on the Nose, we talked about the controversial $200,000 marketing report released earlier this week.
We heard a lot of your snarky (and genuine) suggestions via Twitter for how to rebrand Connecticut's capitol city. @ReubenClamzo: "Hartford: Two Hours From Everything You Want." @charlesnobilski: "Hartford: History Worth Repeating" We suggested "Hartford: The City That Actually Needs You" because we believe the city really is a special place. Small groups can make a big difference. Artists flourish in theater and music. Ideas take root in a way that's unique to any other city in New England. Hartford is a community with thousands of people dedicated to making it a wonderful place to live. The question we really should be asking ourselves is did we $200,000 to find that out? Later in the show, we preview @heddahfeddah's upcoming media fast. The big kids over at Where We Live will interview her next Thursday. Leave your comments below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @wnprcolin.