Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri August 15, 2014
The Nose is Fatigued with Goodbyes, Comments, and Challenges
It has been a busy week in culture. There were the deaths of Lauren Bacall and Robin Williams, and the latter death brought up questions about how people behave on social media when an icon passes. Also, he who is tired of sharks is tired of death. But we might be getting tired of sharks!
Also, have you done the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise money for ALS? Have you been nominated and aren't doing it? Are you excited to jump on the fundraising bandwagon on social media, or are you tired of the videos and think people should donate privately? Either way, the ALS Association is reporting that they "have received an astonishing $4 million in donations compared to $1.12 million during the same time period last year." Got your ice water ready?
Other possibilities for discussion:
- How important is time off or vacations for your brain, really?
- Burger King to Phase Out Lower-Fat French Fries. Nooooooooooooooooo! I mean, fiiiiiiiiiiine!
- This might be a whole separate show, but there has been quite a bit of research about how people behave when they're drunk, especially the whys and wherefores of drunk dialing/texting
- Just Kill All of the Comments Already. Do we really need comment sections? COMMENT BELOW. Lolz. #seewhatwedidthere
What else are we missing? Comment below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.
- Carolyn Paine is an actor, dancer, and choreographer
- Rand Cooper is an author, essayist, and restaurant critic for the New York Times