Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri December 20, 2013
The Nose Blows for Duck Dynasty, Netflix Adultery, and More
Here are the topics for The Nose today -- and this week we had to throw out a lot of perfectly good ones because there were so many:
We pretty much have to tackle the controversy around Duck Dynasty. One of the real life characters in the reality TV show gave an interview in which he aired his strong religious views, which included multiple denunciations of homosexuality as a sin.
There ensued the predictable fusillade of charges and counter-charges. Potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates jumped in to defend the guy and shore up their cred with the religious right. But this story has some other layers we hope to peel back.
We're also interested in a New York Times essay about the roots of happiness, and have you cheated on your spouse...with Netflix? Come on, tell the truth. How many sneak peeks have you taken of a show that you were supposed to watch with your spouse? Fess up. We know you couldn't wait until your mate was ready to see the final dance between Walter and Jesse. Did you fake it, hide it, or crumble under the lie?
- Jim Chapdelaine is a musician, producer, composer, and recording engineer.
- Carolyn Payne is a dancer, choreographer, and teacher who is also the co-founder of the contemporary ballet company CONNetic Dance.
- Luis Figueroa is an associate professor of history at Trinity College.
What do you think? Comment below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.