Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri January 24, 2014
The Nose: Bieber's Bust, Casting Peter Pan, and Scapegoating Maureen McDonnell
It was a fertile week for topics, but here at The Nose, we've boiled them down to four.
First, the decision by NBC to capitalize on its live Sound of Music ratings hit with a revival of the live TV Peter Pan. No cast has been announced yet, so that allows us to do some "dreamcasting. "
Second, the arrest of Justin Bieber the latest in a long line of misdeeds including public urination and monkey smuggling. How should we regard him? As a slightly jerky 19 year old whose total cumulative bad behavior adds up to an average morning for Keith Richards or Ozzy Osbourne. Or as a Canadian whose Visa would be revoked if he were non-white and.or non-famous?
Third, a controversy about the digitial Vogua magazine prettifying of Lena Dunham, possibly a violation of an unspoken compact we had with er.
Finally, the cherchez la femme elemnnt in the Virginia governor Bob McDonnell story.
What do you think? Comment below, email Colin@wnpr.org, or tweet @wnprcolin.
- Jacques Lamarre - Director of Communications, Mark Twain House
- Theresa Cramer - Editor, Writer
- Luis Figueroa - Associate Professor of History at Trinity College.