Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Fri August 26, 2011
The Nose: Are Natural Disasters A Sign We've Annoyed God?
There are barbs about regime change and a lyric about "great communicators" who have no special brains or knowledge. But the central point of "Wicked," which is the "Wizard of Oz" told mostly from the green-faced witch's point of view - is that there are multiple ways of looking at most situations and that perspective is, if not everything, a bigger thing than most of us like to admit. Today, on the Nose, we'll try to apply that notion to the hurricane, earthquake and to bisexuality (really). After getting you all stirred up yesterday, we'll offer a more relaxed approach to the storm. Leave your comments below, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @wnprcolin.