Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler on Being Wiccan and NPR Discrimination
- How Effective Are Charter Schools?
- Listen Closely: There's Something Hidden in This Hummingbird's Chirp
- Gov. Christie Visits Connecticut Following Gun Bill Veto; a Local Perspective on Ukrainian Conflict
- For Stadium, Hartford to Buy Back Land It Once Owned
Where We Live
Wed November 27, 2013
The Newtown Report: Privacy, Public Information and Mental Health Policy
This week, the long-awaited report was released on last year’s shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. On our weekly news roundtable, The Wheelhouse, we discuss the report and other evidence that may soon be released to the public. Also on the day the report came out, we had yet another campus scare, this time at Yale University.
Note: During the show, Colin mentioned this New York Times story about a death in St. Augustine, FL. That story presents what we see as a compelling reason for the public release of crime scene documents and 911 calls. This story was also the subject of a PBS Frontline documentary, which you can watch here via CPTV. - jd
- Colin McEnroe - Host of The Colin McEnroe Show on WNPR
- Christine Stuart - Editor of CT News Junkie
- Jeff Cohen - WNPR reporter