The Big Sick, written by Emily V. Gordon and Kumail Nanjiani (who you know from "Silicon Valley"), tells the "awkward true story" of their courtship and stars Nanjiani as a version of himself. According to Rotten Tomatoes, the movie proves "the standard romcom formula still has some fresh angles left to explore." The Nose weighs in.
And then: What's with all the hating on Ed Sheeran? No, like: Really. The Nose doesn't get it.
Other possible topics include:
- 8 Reasons to Believe Taylor Swift Was Inside the Box That Two Large Men Carried Out of Her Apartment
- Delta Air Lines Fires Back at Ann Coulter on Twitter, but Refunds Her $30
- A melty duck is the biggest internet mystery of our time
- Jim Henson's Son Explains Why Kermit Actor Was Replaced
- related: Don't Drag Kermit The Frog Into The Swamp
- Tom Breen - Film critic for the New Haven Independent and host of WNHH radio’s Deep Focus
- Mark Oppenheimer - Editor-at-large for Tablet Magazine and host of the podcast Unorthodox, among a bunch of other stuff
- Mercy Quaye - Managing director of external affairs for Educators For Excellence - Connecticut
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.