Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Festive Fusion in Big Band Jazz Concert at Hartford’s Infinity Hall
Wed December 4, 2013
New Bombs Pose New Threat
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 11:04 am
With top U.S. lawmakers warning of new terrorism threats, intelligence officials in the U.K. say there remains an enduring threat from bombs made by terrorists in Yemen.
The threat comes from the type of bomb that failed to explode on a plane over Detroit in 2009 — the so-called underwear bomber.
The BBC’s security correspondent Frank Gardner reports.