Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Thu November 29, 2012
John Dankosky gets to talk to a lot of smart people...really smart people. But he doesn’t think he's ever done anything like he's about to do Saturday night. Dankosky is hosting a Connecticut Forum panel called “Vision and Brilliance” with super-popular Astrophysicist Neil De Grasse Tyson, cult-hero novelist and comic-book superstar Neil Gaiman, and Neri Oxman.
Oxman is the Mediated Matter Director at MIT Media Lab, and she joins us today to preview the forum. What is Mediated Matter? Well, even when she tries to explain it, it can be pretty complex. As near as we can figure, she’s a designer who combines materials science and new 3d printing technologies with design principles found in nature. She’s been featured on the cover of Fast Company’s “100 Most Creative People in Business” issue and is has been called one of Esquire magazine’s best and brightest.