Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Transgender Teen Sent to Connecticut Adult Prison
- New Haven Cardboard Furniture Company Goes Beyond One-Man Production
- DCF Commissioner Defends Transfer of Transgender Juvenile to York Prison
- The Nose Replaces Colbert, Marries Jesus, and Has No Love For the Gov
- Connecticut's Growing Role in Mushroom Cultivation
Where We Live
Thu November 29, 2012
John Dankosky gets to talk to a lot of smart people...really smart people. But he doesn’t think he's ever done anything like he's about to do Saturday night. Dankosky is hosting a Connecticut Forum panel called “Vision and Brilliance” with super-popular Astrophysicist Neil De Grasse Tyson, cult-hero novelist and comic-book superstar Neil Gaiman, and Neri Oxman.
Oxman is the Mediated Matter Director at MIT Media Lab, and she joins us today to preview the forum. What is Mediated Matter? Well, even when she tries to explain it, it can be pretty complex. As near as we can figure, she’s a designer who combines materials science and new 3d printing technologies with design principles found in nature. She’s been featured on the cover of Fast Company’s “100 Most Creative People in Business” issue and is has been called one of Esquire magazine’s best and brightest.