Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Boom! Pow! Smash!
Fri October 21, 2011
Morning Edition: (Really) Old Comic Books On Display
Maybe you read comic books as a kid - maybe you still do, or you have children that escape into the graphic narratives that have become part of our popular culture. A new exhibit at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Yale University explores the earliest roots of the modern day comic book. Joining us by phone this morning is the curator of Comic Inventions - The Pre-history of the Graphic Narrative in the 19th Century, Tim Young.