Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
The Faith Middleton Show
Mon July 21, 2014
Miss Manners Takes On Workplace Etiquette
The "doyenne of civility," Judith Martin, a.k.a. Miss Manners, has decided that the fast-changing modern workplace could use some tips on what is and is not okay. And she delivers it in her characteristic dry, witty way, in the book she has co-authored with her son, Nicholas Ivor Martin, Miss Manners Minds Your Business.
This hour, we ask Miss Manners:
- What do you say to a colleague who has just been fired?
- When should you be unavailable, at or away from work?
- How do you maintain a family-friendly office without discriminating against the childless?
- What's the difference between showing romantic interest and sexual harassment?
- Which colleagues should be invited to one's wedding?
- How do you handle a boss who tells lies?
- Judith Martin, better known by the pen name Miss Manners, is an American journalist, author, and etiquette authority.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “Transitions,” El Ten Eleven
- “Yellow Bridges,” El Ten Eleven
- “Cubicle,” Rinôçérôse
This show originally aired January 28, 2014.