Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- The Wheelhouse: 'Tis the Season for Resignations, Deficits, and Hartford Politics
Tue February 4, 2014
Minimum Wage Increase Proposed; Delay in Common Core Standards
The day before the legislative session begins, Governor Dannel Malloy proposed on Tuesday that the legislature raise the stage minimum wage to $10.10 per hour. Malloy signed legislation that raised the minimum wage to $8.70 on January 1, and will raise it to $9.00 January 1, 2015.
Common Core Delay Requested
Governor Dannel Malloy and legislative leaders are asking the Performance Evaluation Advisory Council to give school districts the flexibility to delay the new teacher evaluation system. The procedure was set to go into effect along with the new Common Core State Standards.
Regulators Cut Millions from CL&P Request
Regulators have cut $49 million from a request by the state’s largest utility for ratepayers to pay for work preparing for and recovering from five destructive storms.The Public Utilities Regulatory Authority on Monday issued a preliminary decision allowing Connecticut Light & Power to recover $365 million for preparation and response to several storms.
More Snow on the Way
A winter storm warning is in effect across from midnight until 6 p.m. tomorrow. Snow is expected and sleet and freezing rain is possible in places.. Statewide we can expect to see between 6 and 9 inches of snow, with higher totals in the northwest, and lower in the southeast.