Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Tue May 3, 2011
Millennials Redefine the Workplace
Workplace expert Al Bhatt says our places of employment should be made up of jazz bands, rather than a marching band.
Bhatt’s done consulting work for big companies like Facebook, Siemens, American Express, and State Farm Insurance.
Now Facebook, I can see them being pretty improvisational...but an insurance company?
Today, in advance of our “small business breakfast” tomorrow in Bridgeport, we’re going to look at the changing workplace in big businesses, and how they’re adapting to a new workforce.
Bhatt says the old ways don’t work anymore, and he’s got ideas for a type of independent, 21st century workplace that appeals to the millennial generation.
Do you work in a big company? Is your workplace changing?