Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Connecticut Governor OKs Limiting Cooperation With Immigration Authorities
- NPR's Clocks Are Changing! (What Does That Mean For You?)
- Connecticut Judge and POW John T. Downey Dies at 84
- College-Educated Young May Be Squeezing Connecticut's Urban Housing
- The Scramble: Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer Prepare You for a Long Car Trip
Where We Live
Tue May 3, 2011
Millennials Redefine the Workplace
Workplace expert Al Bhatt says our places of employment should be made up of jazz bands, rather than a marching band.
Bhatt’s done consulting work for big companies like Facebook, Siemens, American Express, and State Farm Insurance.
Now Facebook, I can see them being pretty improvisational...but an insurance company?
Today, in advance of our “small business breakfast” tomorrow in Bridgeport, we’re going to look at the changing workplace in big businesses, and how they’re adapting to a new workforce.
Bhatt says the old ways don’t work anymore, and he’s got ideas for a type of independent, 21st century workplace that appeals to the millennial generation.
Do you work in a big company? Is your workplace changing?