There has been a lot of international news lately: the Syrian civil war, new discussions with Iran, and U.S.-Russia relations just to name a few. But the decades-long conflict between Israel and Palestine continues on the back burner in the minds of many. We talk with several people whose lives have been directly affected by this conflict and they're in Connecticut as Combatants for Peace.
- Erez Krispin - Former Captain in the Israeli Army, in charge of foreign affairs for Combatants for Peace
- Mohammed Owedah - Grew up near the Western Wall in Jerusalem and works with Combatants for Peace
- Adi Greenfield - Activist, Combatants for Peace
- Bruce Barrett - Activist and founder of IWagePeace.org
- Dr. Jeremy Pressman is the Alan R. Bennett Honors Professor and associate professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Connecticut, and author of Warring Friends: Alliance Restraint in International Politics and co-author of Point of No Return: The Deadly Struggle for Middle East Peace. He co-runs the blog Mideast Matrix with Brent Sasley.
- I Wage Peace Walk - Sunday, October 6 at 2pm on the Lower Green in Downtown New Haven. More information at iwagepeace.org
- Hartford Seminary Lunch Talk - Today, October 3, at noon. More information at hartsem.edu
- World Affairs Council of Connecticut - Is It Now or Never? Resolving the Israeli Palestinian Conflict - Two part series on October 23 and November 5.