Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Wed September 19, 2012
McMahon Murphy Mortgage Madness, and the 47%
A new poll out today from the University of Connecticut and the Hartford Courant shows Senate candidates Chris Murphy and Linda McMahon in a virtual dead heat. It’s the second recent poll to show a tight race in a Senate contest long thought to favor Democrats.
Congressman Murphy’s lost ground due to a series of blistering ads from the McMahon campaign - and fallout from unflattering stories about foreclosure actions against him - and a home loan he got. He’s been fighting back by hitting McMahon’s record as CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment. Oh, and did she really just get involved in the Presidential race?
Mark Pazniokas of the Connecticut Mirror will give us an update.
Also, Steve Goode of the Courant tells us about an unusual state house race.