Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Tue February 25, 2014
Malloy, Jindal Spar Over Minimum Wage
Governor Dannel Malloy locked horns with Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal at a press conference after the National Governor's Association meeting.
he press conference was supposed to outline the bipartisan progress made during the conference, held in Washington, D.C. But in his remarks, Jindal criticized President Barack Obama's plans to raise the minimum wage.
Governor Malloy, who's made the wage hike a signature issue this session, raced to the President's defense. The Connecticut Democratic Party is already using footage of the press conference in a fundraising email.
Meanwhile, the two are still throwing down, via Twitter:
— Gov. Bobby Jindal (@BobbyJindal) February 25, 2014
— Governor Dan Malloy (@GovMalloyOffice) February 25, 2014
Public Policy Divide