Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Transgender Teen Sent to Connecticut Adult Prison
- New Haven Cardboard Furniture Company Goes Beyond One-Man Production
- DCF Commissioner Defends Transfer of Transgender Juvenile to York Prison
- The Nose Replaces Colbert, Marries Jesus, and Has No Love For the Gov
- Connecticut's Growing Role in Mushroom Cultivation
The Colin McEnroe Show
Thu May 5, 2011
Live From The Billings Forge Farmers Market
Because we're live from Billings Forge in the Frog Hollow section of Hartford today, let's take the opportunity to talk about cities and why some of us love them.
Small towns are great, and suburbs have their purpose. But one of the ideas of a city is the notion that intelligence and creativity can collect in little pockets.
Billings Forge is an example of how that can work. It's a small grant-supported development that offers housing, provides job training and brings together. people who care about food, art and performance. Today is one of their "mash-ups" which combines an outdoor farmer's market with a salsa dance social, a documentary film screening, a designer trunk show and a whole lot of music. It's the kind of focused collaboration and diversity you can do only in an urban setting. Even if you don't come down here today, consider this a reminder of what Connecticut cities have to offer.
Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.