Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Tue March 18, 2014
Jackson Labs "On Schedule and On Budget"
Connecticut officials have welcomed a report on the progress of the Jackson Laboratory site in Farmington. Jackson Labs said its new facility is on schedule and on budget.
The Maine-based non-profit, which is developing a genomic medicine institute in Connecticut, received state aid of $291 million. Its latest report to Connecticut Innovations, the state's tech investment agency, said around $64 million of construction has been completed. It's still due to open in October of this year.
JAX also said it's ahead of its hiring goals. It promised to have 63 people on its payroll in Connecticut by the end of 2013. In fact, it said it has now hired 79 people. Forty-eight of those are senior scientists. It said it's paying on average more than 150 percent of the state's average wage.