Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Yale Educator-Artist Keeps Inspiring Future Generations of Theater Designers
- Connecticut’s Changing, Sometimes Volatile, Still Lively Classical Music Scene
- JFK Conspiracy Theories: American As Apple Pie
- Bridgeport Bluefish Ballplayer to Retire After 20-Year Career
- Moist, Crispy Meatloaf Baked in a Brown Paper Bag
Tue August 12, 2014
Installation Of New Bishop Set For Springfield Cathedral
Originally published on Mon August 11, 2014 4:21 pm
It will be a big day Tuesday for the 220,000 Roman Catholics in western Massachusetts, as a new bishop takes over the Springfield Diocese.
In a ceremony filled with ancient symbols and rituals Mitchell Thomas Rozanski will be installed as the new bishop Tuesday at St. Michael’s Cathedral, the mother church of the diocese in downtown Springfield.
" I am grateful to God for the call to ministry, for the call to priesthood and then this call to be the ninth Bishop of Springfield," Rozanski said Monday.
The cathedral seats 900. Tickets were distributed through parishes and religious orders. The bishop will attend a public reception Tuesday evening at the Big E fairgrounds in West Springfield.