Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Transgender Teen Sent to Connecticut Adult Prison
- New Haven Cardboard Furniture Company Goes Beyond One-Man Production
- DCF Commissioner Defends Transfer of Transgender Juvenile to York Prison
- Connecticut's Growing Role in Mushroom Cultivation
- The Nose Replaces Colbert, Marries Jesus, and Has No Love For the Gov
Where We Live
Fri February 11, 2011
How We Age
Advanced science and technology is helping to keep people alive longer than ever, but our emotional and mental ability to cope with aging are as regressed as ever.
Dr. Marc Agronin is a geriatric physciatrist and author of the new book How We Age: A Doctor’s Journey Into the Heart of Growing Old.
He says that with baby boomers speeding towards old age, it’s time to take a closer look at how to deal with aging. There may not be a cure, but we sure can find a better way to cope as more of us reach into our 80s and beyond. Today he shares stories of patients he’s worked with and explain how we can come to understand aging not as inevitable decline, but a period of vitality, wisdom, fulfillment, and hope.