Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Fri April 12, 2013
The Hidden World of Hartford's Homeless
The Hartford Homeless Outreach Team heads out every Thursday to check-in on Hartford's homeless population and hand out lunches. They go out early before the homeless leave their makeshift abodes for the day.
Writer Susan Campbell, in her new job as head of communications and development for the Partnership for Strong Communities joined the outreach team on their rounds yesterday. She brought along 18 pairs of socks, some t-shirts, and she started tweeting about her experience. She stopped by our Hartford studios after her eye opening morning and talked about what the Hartford Homeless Outreach Team is all about.