Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- In Hartford Eminent Domain Case, Property Owner Wants More Money
- The Ten All-Time Best Christmas Songs (of All Time)
- After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
- What's Driving the Electric Rate Hike in Connecticut?; Herbalife's So-Called "Pyramid Scheme"
- Families of Pearl Harbor Casualties Want the Navy to Send Home Their Remains
Thu May 8, 2014
Hartford Police Investigate Teen Stabbing
Hartford police are investigating the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy, which took place outside Bulkeley High School Wednesday afternoon.
Deputy Chief Brian Foley told WNPR’s Where We Live that the stabbing occurred after a fight broke out between the victim and students from another school.
"There was an argument," Foley said. "One student, we believe, spit on another. There was a fight, and unfortunately, as you tragically heard, one of the students was stabbed with what was described as a kitchen knife on scene by witnesses."
Two suspects were taken into custody, but both were released Wednesday night.
Foley said Hartford police are continuing the investigation, and expect to learn more within the next two days. The victim is in stable condition at the Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford.
Listen to more of Foley's remarks during Where We Live below:
Where We Live