I, Tonya is a big, brash, brightly-colored, quirky comedy that happens to be telling a story that's ultimately kind of super sad. It's that mixture of tones -- a cinematic style seemingly at odds with the film's content -- and its Oscar-nominated performances by Margot Robbie and Allison Janney that have earned the movie a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The Nose picks it apart.
Other possible topics include:
- The Follower Factory
- The Chicago Sun-Times Suspends Richard Roeper While It Figures Out if His Twitter Followers Are Real
- When Animals Are at Risk, Special Netherlands Police Force Defends Them
- The Great Bookshelf Debate of 2018: Spine In or Out
- Indians removing Chief Wahoo logo from uniforms
- Is Bruno Mars Guilty of Cultural Appropriation?
- Enormous emotional support peacock denied seat on flight, owner not pleased
- My dream of dancing at the Super Bowl came true. And then I became Left Shark.
- My Woody Allen Problem
- 2018 Super Bowl prop bets: Best bets on Pink's anthem, Belichick's shirt, and more
- Letter of Recommendation: Rodney Dangerfield
- The average American will spend $81.17 on the Super Bowl. How about you? Also: No, they won't.
- Robert Wagner Has Been Named a 'Person of Interest' in the Death of Natalie Wood
- Tom Hanks, America's Dad, Is Set to Play Mr. Rogers, America's Neighbor
- Rand Richards Cooper - A contributing editor at Commonweal; writes the “In Our Midst” column for Hartford Magazine
- Parker Hu - A graphic designer who performs in a bunch of local bands; her brand new solo album is Late Reply
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.