The Good-to-Go Cookbook
Today's show has aired on three previous dates, most recently on December 5, 2013.
From Faith Middleton: If your schedule is rushed, have we got a cookbook for you! The Good-to-Go collection of about 300 recipes is a winner with adults and children. It's also the perfect cookbook for transitioning kids in a first apartment, or for kids in college.
While I cook a lot at home, and have made some laborious dishes for family and friends, I love these wicked simple recipes, some of which use store-bought ingredients, but have our health in mind. Don't miss the Sassy Hawaiian Pork Burgers with a slice of canned pineapple; Thai Grilled Chicken with soy, garlic, honey and lemon; Rascal Nuts made from baked, crispy garbanzo beans; Cinnamon Baked Chicken; and Quickest Meatloaf in the West, cooked in a microwave!
Caterer Kathleen Cannata Hanna created these recipes for her own busy family and her time-starved friends. Thanks, Kathleen, you've given all of us salvation on a plate.
Thai Grilled Chicken
(4 Servings done on the grill, under the broiler, or in a saute pan)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 8 thighs, or 12 chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- If you're grilling, prepare a medium-hot fire in a gas or charcoal grill.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together the sauce sauce, garlic, pepper flakes, honey, and lemon juice in a measuring cup. Pour over the chicken, turning to coat it. Let the chicken stand that way for 10 minutes.
- Grill (or broil) the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn it over and grill 4 to 5 minutes longer or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. (If you want to saute, follow the same instructions.) Discard the marinade and serve with rice, noodles, over greens, etc.
Recipe from The Good-to-Go Cookbook: Take-along Food, Quick Suppers, and Satisfying Snacks for On-The-Go Families
by Kathleen Cannata Hanna
Published by Storey Books
NOTE: If you make a contribution of $6 a month to WNPR, we'll send this book to your home with our great thanks. To contribute, click here.
- Chris Prosperi - senior contributor and chef/owner, Metro Bis, Simsbury
- Kathleen Cannata Hanna is the author of The Good-to-Go Cookbook: Take-along Food, Quick Suppers, and Satisfying Snacks for On-the-Go Families.