Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
Where We Live
Mon December 19, 2011
Gearing Up For 2012
You could see it coming. More than a week ago - political reporters were awash in Newt-mentum! An unexpected surge by a candidate whose campaign nearly fell apart at the beginning...and whose personal “likeability” has always been in question. Then there were concerns about consulting deals with Freddie Mac...and a series of attacks by fellow Republicans that were, frankly, nastier than what we’ve seen before...and, lo and behold...we wake up to reports today that Ron Paul is leading the race for the Iowa caucuses.
It’s just the latest bizarre turn in a Republican race for the nomination. It seems like every few weeks there is a new front runner. And it seems like every few days there has been a Republican debate on TV.
Today, we’ll talk with two reporters who have been covering the candidates in New Hampshire and Iowa. First, Anna Sale from WNYC’s It’s A Free Country has most recently been talking to voters in New Hampshire, which has its primary on January 10.