Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Hartford Student, Born in a Nepali Refugee Camp, Prepares for College
- "Peter Pan": a Critique of Pure Snark
- Waterbury Hospital CEO Calls on Gov. Malloy to Help Salvage Tenet Deal
- Hartford Mayoral Possibilities Start to Emerge
- Biological Explanations for Mental Health Symptoms Make Clinicians Less Empathetic
The Colin McEnroe Show
Thu August 4, 2011
The First Annual Summer Humor Show!
So where do you get your humor? The New Yorker Shouts and Murmurs column? (This morning I laughed at Tim Long's summer vacation riff in the current issue.) The Daily Show? (I just sat here for five minutes chuckling at an Aasif Mandvi piece about ducks and wind turbines in Florida.) McSweeney's? (The current lead posting is note on a Huck Finn movie slowly turning into a a summer robot disaster film with lots of interracial sex. It's funny.)
That's my day so far.
In recent years I've discovered the joys on improv comedy, so it's my pleasure to bring you the Hartford-based Sea Tea Improv troupe today. I'm also a long-time consumer and occasional producer of literary humor, so I'm excited about the launch of a new magazine, also based right here in Hartford. And then there's the Hunt Me 4 Sport guy. Is he joking?
Join me and our ombudsman John Dobbin for our soon-to-be annual Summer Humor Show.
Leave your comments below, e-mail email@example.com or Tweet us @wnprcolin.